Do you ever wake up late or take too long getting ready that you have to rush out the door?!? Me too.
Those are the mornings you are tempted to stop at Starbucks or a coffee shop or Micky D’s for a delish breakfast sandwich on the go OR grab one of those donuts floating around the office 🙈 And what’s the harm, it’s only one meal right?
Your first meal of the day sets your tone for the entire day and even the rest of your week! Not to mention all the science behind boosting your metabolism from the beginning of your day. If you allow yourself to give in to an unhealthy choice or temptation first thing, mentally you’ve already conceded your health for the day and put it on the back burner…you will be more likely to make “less than perfect” choices the rest of the day!
THE GOOD NEWS:
You can fix this issue, simply!
Here is my go to recipe for a quick breakfast scramble that can be prepped in advance AND made into breakfast burritos, bowls or eaten totally on its own!
- 18 eggs
- 1 package sweet potato hashbrowns (frozen is fine) or chop up your own(works great with regular potatoes too as pictured)
- 10 diced mushrooms
- 3 diced green peppers, or any you prefer
- 1 diced large onion
- Veggies of your choice!
- Turkey breakfast sausage
- Turkey bacon
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- *optional whole wheat tortillas
- *shredded cheese
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet
- Add bacon by dicing with scissors
- Cook through
- Remove meats from pan and place on plate or bowl nearby
- With grease left in pan, add 2 tbsps olive or coconut oil
- Add sweet potatoes and cook 3 minutes on each side
- Remove from pan and set aside
- Crack all eggs into pan and scramble with whisk
- Add all seasonings
- Add veggies
- Cook on low until eggs are scrambled well
- Add meat back in and stir well
- Add sweet potatoes in and stir well
- Remove from heat and store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.*
- Scoop 1 cup servings in microwave safe bowl and cover with a damp paper towel and heat for 2 minutes to serve
* my favorite option is to make burritos
- Scoop by 1 cup servings into the center of whole wheat tortillas and top with a dash of shredded cheese
- Roll tight
- Wrap with Saran Wrap
- Place 3-4 burritos to a bag in freezer safe large ziplock bags and place in freezer(keeps 1 month) or fridge(keeps 1 week)
- To cook unwrap and wrap in paper towel
- From fridge microwave 1 minute
- From freezer microwave 3 minutes
Enjoy! And rest easy knowing you started your day off right!
Fix Approved! 1💚1❤️1/2💙1💛