So many people are pigeonholed into careers and roles that they never feel truly passionate about and they feel angst and regret for the life they should have lived or could have lived.
I want to send a message to our youth to our children and to our current working force women and men that YOU ARE MORE THAN! You are worth more, you were made for more… I am not talking about mothers and fathers being unhappy in their domestic roles or about the workforce being undriven in their current positions.
DRIVE IS NOT THE SAME AS PURPOSE
I am talking about being COMPLACENT to accept their career, their ladder to success, their daily monotony… Even the most successful business women and men are NOT walking in their purpose, do NOT feel a fire in their hearts and are NOT fulfilled in their invested time at work.
They go to work. They come home. They often even work once they are at home. But they NEVER feel at peace. No matter how high they climb or how hard they try, or how many promotions they get… something is ALWAYS MISSING.
WHY you ask?!?
WHY would I make such a bold statement? How dare I?
Well just ASK THEM. Or better yet, ask yourself:
What is the desire of my heart?
What was I created to do?
When do I feel the most alive?
NOW ask :
Am I fulfilling that desire?
Am I using that gift to do what I was created to do?
Am I impacting the world in a positive way?
Am I fulfilled?
What was your answer? Do you want to answer yes to all those big life questions?
What if I told you, YOU CAN! You can live out your HIGHEST purpose in this world and still make lots of money, or have personal success or emotional happiness. You do not have to choose between being successful and being happy. You can have it all. Seriously I am not pulling your chain, I’ve been there.
Actually I’ve been in all of the roles imaginable, I am a mom and wife and I’ve stayed home while my hubby worked, I’ve worked part time, full time, I’ve been completely broke, had immense business success and had great financial gain, I’ve been restless and lost and had small to large regrets, I’ve been walked on, passed up and even unknown by my boss who I’ve centered my world around.
One day I asked myself “what kind of example am I setting for my kids if I let them see me like this?”
Like a deflated balloon someone is dragging around by the string!?!
What message does that send them?
So I decided NO MORE Mrs. Nice Girl. No more pulling my string. No more regrets, no more excuses. I DECIDED to take the reigns and put all the positive energy I could muster out into the universe (the universe=Gods plan=fate=whatever you believe insert it here), into every single aspect of my life. Into every person I meet, every hater I encounter, every obstacle I cross and every thing I do, I do it with POSITIVITY. Do you know what happens when you put positivity into the universe?
Positivity comes back to you, 10 fold, 20 fold, Hell I don’t even know how much but a heck of a lot of positivity!
In the form of personal growth, financial gain, self confidence, self love, marital bliss, parenting success, emotional stability, relational peace… you name it, you will receive it. All by putting your very best positive foot forward in this world.
Do you struggle with where to start? How to be postitive? Well I have a few tried and true tips for you! Follow these simple steps to get started, and see your life change before your eyes!
- Meet EVERYONE with a smile, not just those who deserve a smile, not just those who smile at you, but everyone you encounter
- Don’t allow others to dictate your actions or feelings, you are not a balloon on a string, do not act like it
- Choose your battles, I mean really choose them… Is it worth it to win the arguement about who left the dishes in the sink, when it means fighting for an hour about everything in between? Probably not, you know what you could do with that hour? Take 2 minutes and rinse the stupid dishes, politely ask whoever you think left them there to try and not do it in the future, then spend the rest of the 57 or so minutes talking about positive things going on in your life, connecting and conversing – building a relationship and meeting the world with positivity
- Don’t say things you don’t want repeated
- If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything. Seems pretty basic right? But it is probably one of the hardest things to really do…Even in frustration, in total stress-dom, speak in kindness, speak criticism from a place of love and safety…believe me you and they will be much happier
- Stand up for others
- Take time for yourself EVERY DAY – a minimum of 10 minutes, totally for yourself…not locking yourself in the bathroom and playing a game on your phone, but turning off the world for 10 whole minutes and focus on your goals with total and complete positivity
- Put what you want into the universe, and the universe will deliver it…speak your goals out loud, say them to someone, make them real and known and present
- Lastly and most importantly BE KIND – above all else treat everyone with kindnessSounds easy enough right? You cannot achieve your purpose and greatness if you do not own your drive and dream – the universe simply CANNOT give you the desires of your heart if you do not give them to the universe!
So what are you waiting for? Your mind is a powerful force, when you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change… go change your life.